Acorn class children (Nursery) should come to school dressed in sensible, comfortable clothing, ready for an active, busy day. While it isn’t a requirement, many parents choose to invest in school uniform right from the start. Whatever the case, it is really important that all items of clothing are named.
Acorn children have PE in the school hall and need to be able to change into suitable clothing. To save time and make the most of this opportunity we ask you to make sure that on this day your child wears a T-shirt under their sweatshirt and brings a pair of elasticated shorts to change into. These should be left in a bag on their peg. Children do not need gym shoes or plimsolls for these sessions.
- Plain red cardigan or V neck sweater or school sweatshirt/cardigan
- White shirt, polo shirt or blouse
- Grey trousers, skirt or pinafore dress
- Grey or white socks or plain tights
- Black low heeled, enclosed toe shoes
- Red and white gingham checked or striped dress
- White short-sleeved blouse, polo shirt or shirt (not T-shirt)
- Grey skirt or grey shorts.
- Grey or white socks
- The same shoes or dark sandals with enclosed toes.
Children should not wear any of the following to school: jeans, shoes or boots with high heels, open-toed sandals, trainers, ear-rings (other than plain studs), other jewellery, nail varnish, tattoos. Children may wear an analogue watch to help them learn to tell the time
Throughout the school, from nursery to year 2 we want children to be able to play and learn outside every day, so please keep an eye on the weather and make sure your child has sensible footwear, wellies, warm coats, waterproof coats, hats, gloves and so on in school.