We are delighted to be able to enhance our provision using the PE and sport premium grant. Last year, 2016-17, the premium of £8,294 was used to provide a variety of after school clubs offered to age specific groups to enable the children to get the most out of them. They enjoyed karate, cookery, tennis and football. We bought a variety of new PE equipment including basket ball nets, football walls and stages. The grant also helped us improve our forest school and outdoor learning equipment as well as paying for a play worker for lunchtimes. We arranged a visit from an Olympic swimmer, which had the effect of inspiring the children to achieve and enjoy their PE.
This year, 2017-18, our grant amounts to £13,155. We are using it to continue to provide a lunchtime play worker, refurbish some of the tired play time equipment and help with the increasingly popular after school clubs. Most of the grant is being used to support the school in the development of a brand new multi-purpose hall. This will be ideal for gymnastics, dance, performance and indoor games, and have many other purposes – we can’t wait for it to be completed!
1. All teaching staff are much more confident about teaching effective games and dance lessons.
2. Children’s attitude to PE is very positive, as evidenced in questionnaires.
3. Lunchtime play is enjoyable and purposeful for all children.
4. Our equipment is more suited to purpose and will suit the older children as they move through the school when it becomes primary.
5. Clubs lists show an increased take up of after school games activities.