We are looking for a fantastic new CARETAKER to join us.
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone flexible, enthusiastic, energetic and who takes a pride in their work to join our friendly and hardworking team.
Health and Safety management will be at the core of your role, so you will to be organised, good at DIY, have basic IT skills and an ability to muck in to ensure the school is clean, safe and secure. You will need a “can do” attitude and common sense and you be able to work on your own initiative. Although we are a team you will also need to be happy working as lone worker at times. You will be responsible for our cleaner.
The main duties will include:
- being responsible for keeping the school clean and tidy to a high standard
- the secure and safe operation of the school site
- liaising with contractors and overseeing day to day work
- making general risk assessments and regular equipment checks and attending meetings to discuss any health and safety matters
- ordering and control of cleaning materials and other stock
- possible evening and weekend / holiday lettings
- arranging facilities for hirers as specified
- carrying out a variety of DIY tasks and general repairs
- dealing with out-of-school hours emergencies to ensure that any damage or inconvenience to the school is minimised (being on-call 24/7)
- ensuring the site is safe accessible for staff, parents and pupils including during the snow season.
- assisting with deliveries and ensuring their storage in a safe and secure manner
Hours will be flexible to meet the needs of the school but you are likely to be required 6.45am – 8.45 am and 4.00- 6.00 pm Monday to Friday during term-time, 20 hours per week. The post is for 52 weeks a year with 4 weeks’ holiday to be taken during school holidays. The hourly rate is on grade C £9.36 to £9.55.
Please note that working hours may be subject to variation, call-out at weekends and unsocial hours will be necessary from time to time (which can be claimed for).
Applicants are very welcome to make an appointment to visit the school.
How to apply
Further details and application form contact Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
At St Michael’s Church of England, VA, Primary and Nursery School we take the safeguarding of children and its employees extremely seriously and robust system checks are part of the recruitment process.