Classroom Assistant (SEN Support)
- 25 hours per week (5 per day with 1 hour lunch break)
- Term time only
- Salary: Scale C £ 9.62 – £9.81 per hour (£18,562 – £18,933 FTE)
- Temporary until 21st July 2021 initially
- Required to start 7th June 2021
We are a school, rooted and inspired by Christian values, which nurtures children to achieve infinitely more than we might ask or they may dream; empowering them so they can flourish as confident citizens now and in the future.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced classroom assistant to assist SEN pupils within the class to enable them to access the curriculum with the support of the class teacher. We are looking for someone who:
- Is highly motivated, committed and enthusiastic
- Promote a love of learning
- Promotes Christian values, excellence in education and joyful encounters
- Deals wisely with difficulty, creatively with challenge and with resilience through adversity
- Sees the potential in every child
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Is reflective and ambitious
- Has the desire to continue their own professional development
We can offer:
- a caring and supportive environment that actively promotes staff professional development
- friendly, encouraging and positive staff team
- children who come from a range of backgrounds filled with excitement, joy and enthusiasm
- high levels of parental engagement and community support
- strong links with the church
- a rich curriculum that includes Forest School
How to apply
A job description and person specification is available on the Education Job Finder website here.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the school.
Closing date: 12.00, 14th May 2021
Interview date: 20th May 2021
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end, you may be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
This post comes under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.